Lancaster Maritime Museum

A display of a small fishing boat at the museum

The Maritime Museum was opened in 1985. It occupies the former Custom House of 1764, by renowned furniture maker Richard Gillow, and an adjacent building. The museum is beautifully situated by the quay.Using sounds, smells, reconstructions and audio-visuals it tells the story of the port of Lancaster, the Lancaster Canal, fishing and the ecology of Morecambe Bay.

Contact Information

Maritime Museum
Custom House
St Georges Quay
Lancaster, LA1 1RB
Tel: 01524 382264