Corporate Social Responsibility
Green Champions Club
At all units within English Lakes we have a dedicated Green Champion Club, made up of 20 volunteer champions from Directors/team leaders/supervisors and regular members of our teams. All Green Champions have an interest and with such help to engage and motivate all our staff and customers through their own enthusiasm and knowledge.
- Our Green Champions Club meets every month; they are ambassadors for collecting and broadcasting new 'green' ideas, policies and training policies for our staff in any new green initiatives.
- Champions are invited to take part in management meetings when green topics are to be discussed. On a quarterly basis the Green Champions will give a presentation to the Board of Directors on any additional training and involvement in the development of our green agenda and when possible and appropriate, motivate them without compromise to the quality of service or comfort or expectations of our customers.
- Our Environmental Policy was agreed and published in February 2010.
- New for Spring 2010: the +1 newsletter will have a dedicated Green column.
Green Champions' Aims
- Continue 100% to have all English Lakes accredited under the “Green Tourism Business Scheme” within 2010 – 2011.
- To gain 100% Silver award for all English Lakes under the “Green Tourism Business Scheme” 2010 – 2011.
- In all our hotels we seek to achieve an energy saving of 6% to 10% over the next three years (2010 – 2012) on a per available room night basis.
- In all our hotels to look at ways of reducing waste, energy and water.
- Review all published group print – whether needed, whether can be PDF produced or whether can be printed on sustainable or recycled paper (2010).
- To ensure throughout the group of hotels all units are contributing 100% to a dedicated Tourism and Conservation Partnership project.
- Our Green Champions will raise awareness of environmental issues within our work place and aim to maintain good housekeeping in our offices.