Dog Friendly Hotels in the Lake District & Lancashire
Many people who visit the Lake District and surrounding area do so to enjoy the outdoors. Walking and hiking are hugely popular pursuits in the Lakes, and for dog owners the joys of walking wouldn’t be the same without their loyal pets. If you’re visiting the area with your pooch, stay at one of our dog friendly hotels in the Lake District!
English Lakes is proud of its Pets Welcome policy and guests have been bringing their dogs to our hotels in the Lake District and Lancashire for many years. If you’re planning on bringing your pet with you when you stay at any of our Lake District Hotels, we have a number of guidelines to ensure that your stay is pleasant for everyone.
Our 'Pets Welcome Policy' guidelines
In the interests of hygiene and the comfort of our other guests, we would appreciate it if you could kindly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please let us know, when you book, that you will be bringing your pet with you. This can be done by telephone or as a special request on our web booking system.
- The Hotels charge £10.00 per pet per night with a maximum of two pets per room, this small additional cost is to cover additional cleaning and so that we can allocate you an appropriate room.
- Well behaved dogs are allowed in most public area within the hotel, with the exception food service areas. Each hotels policy differs slightly however we can usually make alternative arrangements for guests wishing to dine with their dogs.
- We prefer that responsible owners supervise their dogs at all times, however should a guest need to leave their well behaved dogs unattended in their room we request that you notify reception and remain on the hotel premises.
- Please keep dogs on a lead at all times whilst in the hotel and hotel grounds and please ensure you clean up after your pet.