Low Wood Bay Marina enjoys an enviable location on the north-eastern shores of lake Windermere, part way between the popular Lake District tourist hubs of Windermere and Ambleside with spectacular views across the lake to the Langdale Pikes and central lakeland fells.
Berthing at the Marina
Low Wood Bay is a small, friendly marina providing on-water berths, and storage ashore which is suitable for trailer-sailors and motor boats.
On-site facilities include toilets, showers and laundrette, and just across the road are the facilities of Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, which include several bars, The Windermere Restaurant and The Health Club at Low Wood Bay. The marina has ample car parking and guarantees one parking space for each vessel.
Further Information about The Marina at Low Wood Bay
For a full information pack, including prices, and to check availability please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 015394 39441.
Facilities for on-water berth-holders
- Boats are kept on the water between the end of March and the beginning of November, before being recovered onto your cradle or trailer ashore over the winter. We also have a number of cradles or stands available for hire.
- Each berth has an allocated 16 amp metered electrical supply. Drinking water is provided throughout and the marina is covered by wireless broadband internet.
- Four full memberships of the Low Wood Leisure Club provided and additional memberships available at discounted rates.
Facilities for ashore berth-holders
- Year-round storage for trailored boats with unlimited use of the slipway.
- Assisted tractor launching available as an option.
- Discounted memberships of The Health Club at Low Wood Bay.
Low Wood Bay customer mooring Jetty provides free mooring for guests enjoying a meal or a drink in the hotel’s restaurants or bars, or who are staying at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa.
We provide on-water refuelling point for LPG powered boats. This includes an acme type filler hose with adapters for flush-fit and UK bayonet-type fillers.
Holding tank pump out
A self-service coin-operated holding tank pump out facility is situated on northernmost jetty. Four £1 coins required.
On-site marine engineer can provide servicing and repairs to boats and trailers.
Low Wood Bay Marina, Low Wood bay, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1LP
Dramatic sunset over lake Windermere from Low Wood Bay