Weddings at The Wild Boar
The Wild Boar lies in the heart of the Gilpin Valley and boasts a fine reputation for its excellent cuisine and friendly service. Oak beams, log fires and a comfortable lounge enhance the olde world ambience, which in turn is complimented by thirty six well appointed en-suite bedrooms and a number of charming four poster rooms and suites.
Unique Wedding Venue
This unique venue offers a quiet, cosy, informal atmosphere for more intimate celebrations. The dining room seats up to 90 guests for daytime or evening receptions and can cater for all tastes and budgets with a selection from the restaurant menu to choose from.
Included in your Wedding
- Ample Car Parking
- Bride, Groom and official photographer taken into woods by our 4X4 Landrover
- A master of ceremonies for the wedding breakfast
- A cake stand and knife
- Complimentary Luxury room for the bride and groom for their first night of married life
- Exclusive use of the restaurant for the wedding breakfast (subject to numbers)
- Exclusive use of the restaurant for evening function if exclusive use of bedrooms taken.
- Table flowers including a table top arrangement
- Dinner, bed and breakfast stay for your first anniversary
The Wild Boar - Private Woodland grounds
For an alternative to the traditional wedding photography, why not take advantage of the adjacent 72 acres of woodland which is open to guests.
Wedding Breakfasts and Evening buffet's
The Wild Boar is famous for its open Grill and Smokehouse, excellent traditional cuisine and homely ambience.
We offer Wedding breakfasts and Evening buffet's.
- Wedding Breakfast - Minimum 60 guests - Maximum 90 guests.
- Evening Buffet - Minimum 60 guests - Maximum 130 guests.
We can on occasion, offer availability under these minimum's, but exclusive use of the restaurant may not be guaranteed.
The Wedding Menus
For the Wedding Breakfast, you can choose 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts from our Grill & Smokehouse menu. We ask for full pre order 7 days prior to your event. (We can also cater for almost any specific dietary requirements)
For the evening meal we can arrange anything from a finger buffet to fish and chips or a hog roast. We are more than happy to discuss any of your dining ideas and help you make your wedding meals as individual as you are. For further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Table plans will be discussed in conjunction with the Restaurant Manager and any dietary requirements can be discussed personally with our head chef.
If you would like to take advantage of a no-obligation personal showround or require further information regarding hosting yours wedding at the Wild Boar then please contact the hotel on tel: 015394 45225 or call in to request a brochure, which includes: extensive menus, wine lists and all the relevant information to assist you in planning for your special day.