As you all know Total Warrior is just around the corner, 4th – 5th August.
With only a week until race day, now is the time to make final alterations and adjustments to your fine-tuned training programme that you’ve all definitely been following. Low Wood Bay Fitness Instructor, Nathan Woods, has some great advice for getting competition ready, both in the week leading up to the event, and for event day itself …
If like me you feel like you may well need some help to get your fitness levels up for race day I have got the perfect thing for you.
Nathan's Top Tips for Total Warrior
- Get yourself booked onto FBX for heart raising, adrenaline pumping, plyometric based fitness to get yourself set to take on the toughest of obstacles.
- Our Outdoor Bootcamp class will give you a taste of the combination of cardio crushing and strength straining challenge that will face you on the day.
- This is no normal 10km run! Our upper bodies will be challenged just as much as our bottom halves! Upper Body Blast will give you strength to make it look easy.
- Buddy up and get out on the fells, everywhere you look there’s the perfect practice for the muddy race courses that will soon be your opponent. Get practicing!
2. Event Day
- The day before race day is a very important day, make sure you eat well, stay hydrated and get an early night, you need to be fully rested and ready to go come race day morning.
- Bring Support! Get someone there to shout you through the line! (And carry your muddy kit of course)
- Pack food and plenty of water, hydration is key! The free beer at the end will taste pretty good too though! Bring a banana and some nuts to keep those tummy rumbles at bay.
- Plan in advance, share a car and travel together. Good vibes will keep nerves away and reduce stressful pre-event dramas!
Sign Up – It’s not too late!
Well there it is, Nathan’s Top Tips for Total Warrior 2018. If you like the sound of this and you haven’t yet been signed up, contact Nathan on 015394 39344 or call in and have a chat. It’s not too late to get your name on The Low Wood Club Team!