Who doesn’t love a rich Chocolate Mousse for afters?
Adam, our Head Chef at Waterhead, shares an easy recipe that can be prepared in minutes and chilled ready for an impressive finale to your dinner entertainment.
• 300g of dark chocolate
• 60g caster sugar
• 420g of pasteurised egg whites
- Melt your chocolate over a Bain Marie.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks then add the sugar and whisk to stiff peak.
- Add a spoon of the egg white mixture into the chocolate and beat vigorously. Working fast so the chocolate does not set.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites gently
- Place mixture in a piping bag.
- Transfer into the moulds you decide to use. If using rings, acetate is a helpful lining as it prevents the mixture from sticking to the mould.
- Set in the fridge for 3 hours and serve with double cream, or crème fraiche. Be creative and decorate at will!
Book a Table at Waterhead
This chocolate mousse is delicious at home but why not come and have it made for you. Adam and the kitchen team at Waterhead are always delighted to welcome you. Have a look at the menu and book your table. Tel. 015394 39469.