Terms & Conditions
Acceptance as a Member
(a) The Proprietor has an absolute discretion upon whether to accept the application for membership of an applicant as a Member of the Club. If an application for membership is accepted by the Proprietor; membership of the Club by the applicant shall commence upon the day of acceptance. Upon acceptance, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Card/Wristband personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges exercisable by the class of Members for which his/her application for membership has been accepted. Entry to the Club is gained on presentation of a valid membership card/wristband.
(b) Acceptance by the proprietor of an application for membership of the Club shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the proprietor, the manager and the applicant upon the terms and conditions of membership and the rules of the Club.
Limitation of Liability
In consideration for the Club accepting his/her application for membership of the Club, and for he/she becoming and remaining a Member of the Club, the Member agrees that:
(a) Neither the Proprietor, the Manager or the employees or agents of the Proprietor or the Manager shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to the Member, or any guest of the Member; occurring upon the Club premises.
(b) Neither the Proprietor, or the Manager, or any employee or agent of the Proprietor or Manager shall be responsible for any death or injury occurring upon the Club premises or as a result of the use of facilities and / or equipment provided by the Club, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or omission of the Proprietor, the Manager or any agent or employee of the Proprietor or the Manager.
Physical Condition of Member
The Member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she is capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Members must not use the Club premises whilst under the influence of alcohol, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines and narcotics. Any Member with diabetes, heart disease, high or low blood pressure must ensure it is safe with his/her doctor. Written evidence may be requested.
Membership of the Club is personal to the Member and cannot be assigned, transferred or otherwise disposed of. The Member shall not lend his/her membership card or wristband or permit it to be used by anyone but the Member. The Proprietor may assign the benefit of the Agreement to a third party at any time without notice of the Member.
(a) The Club is a proprietary Club, the Proprietor being Low Wood Bay Health Club and is owned by Low Wood Hotel (1958) Ltd. (‘The Club Management’)
(b) The Club premises shall be located at Low Wood Bay Health Club, Low Wood Bay, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1LP.
(a) When a member is accepted for membership, their first payment will be made upon joining. All further payments will be taken by Direct Debit.
(b) Subscriptions may be increased by the Proprietor at any time. The Proprietor shall give the Member not less than 30 days’ notice prior to any such increases.
(c) A Joining Fee at the prevailing rate will be payable on commencement of your membership. This is per person and is non-refundable.
(d) Membership Types - specific terms apply to each membership type. A member must comply with those terms and meet all requirements to continue to qualify for the membership type and any associated rates or benefits.
Termination of Membership
The Manager or a Director may terminate...
1. Without notice and with immediate effect without refund in the event of a Member committing a serious or repeated breach of the Club rules.
1.1 And or may terminate membership without cause upon refundingthe unexpired portion of his/her current subscription.
2. If any part of the Membership Subscription remains unpaid 14 days after the date due for payment, all monies owing to the Club in accordance with the contractual agreement will become due immediately.
2.1 The Member may cancel membership by giving one month’s notice.
3. The company may terminate this licence with immediate effect if in the Company’s opinion, for racism or other discrimination, abusive language or sexual harassment towards employees or any other user. This behaviour will not be tolerated.
Hours of Opening
The Club’s normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within the Club are available to Members can be obtained from the Manager upon request. Such hours may be lengthened or shortened atthe discretion of the Manager, without any prior notice to Membersbeing given.
1. Fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed necessary by the Proprietors.
2. In the event of any default of the Member, the Proprietors may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
3. If through circumstances beyond the control of the Proprietors, the Club is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, The Member shall remain liable for all membership fees.
4. Membership cards/wristbands are charged for on commencement of your membership and remain the property of the Proprietors. There is a fee for replacement of lost or damaged cards/wristbands.
5. The Proprietor retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided within the Club from time to time.
6. Any person wishing to become a Member of the Club must complete the ascribed membership form and submit it to the Club Management with the relevant fee.
7. The Club Management reserve the right to reject any application or renewal without stated reason.
8. On acceptance to the Club, the Member shall receive a membership card/wristband which must be shown on each arrival at the Club reception. Failure to do so on more than 2 occasions may mean refusal of admission or payable fee for replacement.
9. Members will be responsible for ensuring their children and guests observe the rules. Failure to do so may lead to termination of membership.
10. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under 16 are not permitted in the gymnasium or Outdoor Spa area, and not allowed to join any studio based classes under any circumstances.
11. A maximum of two guests shall be signed in by a Member at any one time unless pre-arranged with the Management. Guests may not remain on the Club premises longer than the introducing member. Guest fees apply.
12. No credit is allowed to Members or guests.
13. No Glass is allowed in the Club premises
14. No persons in swimming costumes are allowed into the ‘dry’ areas from the ‘wet’ areas.
15. Lone bathers must contact a member of staff before entering the pool for safety reasons.
16. Membership subscription can only be put on hold due to injury or illness with a valid doctor’s certificate and must be notified in advance.
17. The Club will not discriminate against any individual on the grounds of race, religion, creed, disability or sex.
18. The Health Club will communicate all club related matters by email and/or Social Media as appropriate.
1. All Member and Guests must adhere to the Club Rules posted around the Club. Copies are available on request.
2. Making payment for, or taking up a membership, indicates your acceptance of the Health Club terms and conditions as stated above.