Tour the English Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with our Japanese-speaking guide. Follow in the footsteps of world renowned artists, writers and poets.
About the tours:
Hidden Lakeland provide small group eco-tours for Japanese visitors. Explore the heart of the English Lake District and discover the hidden gems of our stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Choosing an eco-tour ensures the local wildlife and landscape won’t be detrimentally affected by your visit. We work with local residents to help promote working and living in the Lake District.
All tours are available in Japanese or English – or both!
Bespoke Hidden Lakeland Tour
Price on request
The perfect itinerary created exclusively for you. Culinary experiences, creative arts, high adventure and historical excursions – tailor the tour to your interests and make the most of your time in the national park.
Our top suggestions:
- Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top Farm—finding Peter Rabbit
- Stunning scenic lakeside walks of any length – fabulous views from the fells
- Gourmet experience -- Michelin starred dining in Windermere and Grasmere; afternoon tea at Low Wood Bay; brewery and distillery visits
- Windermere Jetty – Lake District’s boating past
- Wordsworth’s legacy – Dove Cottage and Jerwood Centre in Grasmere; Rydal Mount
- Experience traditional Lake District farming – meet the producers and their animals!
- Award-winning gardens and woodland walks – flowers for every season
- Traditional crafts and arts experience –pottery, landscape photography, weaving, cooking, chocolate and cheese-making…what do you want to learn today?
Hidden Literary Lakeland Tour
£200 per group (max. 5 people)
This is a full day tour which focuses on the Lake District’s best-loved writers, poets and artists. Delve into the intriguing lives of William Wordsworth, T. S. Coleridge, John Ruskin, Beatrix Potter and Arthur Ransome with these educational and inspirational tours – discovering the Lake District through their eyes.
Choose from the following tour options, depending on your interests:
- Ransome to Ruskin - a Coniston voyage including Ruskin's home at Brantwood and Peel Island (aka Wild Cat Island) from Swallows and Amazons
- Hawkshead – where Wordsworth’s attended school and Beatrix Potter found inspiration – and stunning scenery at Tarn Hows, part of Beatrix Potter’s estate
- Meet Peter Rabbit & friends – follow Beatrix Potter from Wray Castle and the shores of Windermere to Hill Top Farm and Hawkshead
- Low Wood Bay to Allan Bank - follow in William and Dorothy Wordsworth's footsteps, taking in their homes at Rydal Mount, Dove Cottage and Grasmere
About Your Guide:
All tours are led by Tracey Gannon, our fluent Japanese-speaking guide, who has spent most of her adult life in Japan. She has shared her love of romantic Lakeland poets and the beauty of the lakes and mountains with Japanese graduate students at Kyoto University for more than 14 years.
Book your stay and tour:
To make a Hidden Lakeland Tour enquiry please fill out the form below and Tracey will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm details.
Book your stay with English Lakes Hotels, our Lake District hotels offer charm, luxury and outstanding facilities:
Low Wood Bay sits on the shore of Lake Windermere and hosts 102 resort bedrooms and 29 exclusive rooms in Winander Club. As a resort, Low Wood Bay has an exceptional spa, health club and 3 eateries.
Waterhead hotel is a short walk from the beautiful town of Ambleside, with 41 rooms, sophisticated décor and little local touches Waterhead offers a friendly boutique stay. The bar & grill restaurant creates delicious British-European dishes.
The Wild Boar Inn is our most characterful hotel, with open fires and wooden beams, the inn bursts with charm and warmth. The Wild Boar has 34 individually styled rooms and a well-known smokehouse and grill restaurant which serves home-smoked steaks.
Please use the form below to make a Hidden Lakeland Tour enquiry.