Terms & Conditions
Acceptance as a Member
(a) The Proprietor has an absolute discretion upon whether to accept the application for membership of an applicant as a Member of the Club. If an application for membership is accepted by the Proprietor; membership of the Club by the applicant shall commence upon the
day of acceptance. Upon acceptance, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Card/Wristband personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges exercisable by the class of Members for which his/her application for membership has been
accepted. Entry to the Club is gained on presentation of a valid membership card/wristband.
(b) Acceptance by the proprietor of an application for membership of the club shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the proprietor, the manager and the applicant upon the terms and conditions of membership and the rules of the club.
Limitation of Liability
In consideration for the Club accepting his/her application for membership of the Club, and for he/she becoming and remaining a Member of the Club, the Member agrees that:
(a) Neither the Proprietor, the Manager or the employees or agents of the Proprietor or the Manager shall be liable for any loss, damage guest of the Member; occurring upon the Club premises.
(b) Neither the Proprietor, or the Manager, or any employee or agent of the Proprietor or Manager shall be responsible for any death or injury occurring upon the Club premises or as a result of the use of facilities and / or equipment provided by the Club, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or omission of the Proprietor, the Manager or any agent or employee of the Proprietor or the Manager.
Physical Condition of the Member
The Member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she is capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Members must not use the Club premises whilst under the influence of alcohol, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines and narcotics. Any Member with diabetes, heart disease, high or low blood pressure must ensure it is safe with his/her doctor. Written evidence may be requested.
Membership of the Club is personal to the Member and cannot be assigned, transferred or otherwise disposed of. The Member shall not lend his/her membership card or wristband or permit it to be used by anyone but the Member. The Proprietor may assign the benefit of the Agreement to a third party at any time without notice of the Member.
(a) The Club is a proprietary Club, the Proprietor being Low Wood Bay Health Club and is owned by Low Wood Hotel (1958) Ltd. (‘The Club Management’)
(b) The Club premises shall be located at Low Wood Bay Health Club, Low Wood Bay, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1LP.
(a) All members shall pay either twelve months subscription annually or by monthly installments. All members choosing to pay by installments, will make their first payment when joining. All further payments will be taken by direct debit when a Member is accepted for membership.
(b) Subscriptions may be increased by the Proprietor at any time. The Proprietor shall give the Member not less than 30 days’ notice prior to any such increases.
(c) Minimum membership period is 3 months from joining date.
Termination of Membership
The Manager may terminate the membership of any Member: event of a Member committing a serious or repeated breach of the Club rules and may terminate membership without cause upon refunding the unexpired portion of his/her current subscription.
2. If any part of the Membership Subscription remains unpaid 14 Club in accordance with the contractual agreement will become due immediately.
(b) Cancellation: (i) The Member may cancel membership by giving one month’s notice (ii) In those cases where membership has been paid annually in advance, any refund applicable will be calculated as if the Member had been paying on a monthly basis. Any refund will be calculated from the first full month, following receipt of notice of cancellation.
Hours of Opening
The Club’s normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within the Club are available to Members can be obtained from the Manager upon request. Such hours may be lengthened or shortened at the discretion of the Manager, without any prior notice to Members being given. The Manager shall however endeavour to give reasonable notice of any lengthening or shortening of such hours. A ‘child’ as defined in the Club Membership type and fees is 3 years to 15 years inclusive and will be subjected to the following opening times from 8:30am to 8:00pm daily.
(1) Fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed necessary by the
(2) In the event of any default of the Member, the Proprietors may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
(3) If through circumstances beyond the control of the Proprietors, the Club is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, The Member shall remain liable for all membership fees.
(4) Membership cards/wristbands are issued free upon initial payment and remain the property of the Proprietors. There is a fee for replacement of lost/damaged cards/wristbands.
(5) The Proprietor retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided within the Club from time to time.
(6) Any person wishing to become a Member of the Club must complete the ascribed membership form and submit it to the Club Management with the relevant fee.
(7) The Club Management reserve the right to reject any application or renewal without stated reason.
(8) On acceptance to the Club, the Member shall receive a membership card/wristband which must be shown on each arrival at the Club reception. Failure to do so on more than 2 occasions may mean refusal of admission or payable fee for replacement.
(9) Members will be responsible for ensuring their children and guests observe the rules. Failure to do so may lead to termination of membership.
(10) Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under 16 are not permitted in the gymnasium or studio based classes under any circumstances.
(11) A maximum of two guests shall be signed in by a Member at any one time unless pre-arranged with the Management. Guests may not remain on the Club premises longer than the introducing member. Guest fees apply.
(12) No credit is allowed to Members or guests.
(13) No Glass is allowed in the Club premises
(14) No persons in swimming costumes are allowed into the ‘dry’ areas from the ‘wet’ areas.
pool for safety reasons.
(16) Membership subscription can only be put on hold due to injury or illness with a valid doctor’s certificate.
(17) The Club will not discriminate against any individual on the grounds of race, religion, creed, disability or sex.
(1) All Member and Guests must adhere to the Club Rules posted around the Club. Copies are available on request.
New Year New Members Offer
(1) Only available to new members of the Health Club at Low Wood Bay.
(2) Offer ends on 31st January 2020.
(3) The Thermal Journey Spa Day is per joining adult.
(4) Thermal Journey Spa Day must be taken before 31st December 2020.