Having a boat on the beautiful Lake Windermere is nothing short of a dream come true, exploring the lake, bays and villages around the area makes Windermere the place to be.
About the Marina
After an adventurous day sailing or cruising, it’s comforting to know you have exceptional facilities waiting for you back at the Marina. The Marina was fully refurbished in 2017 with a whole new floating system on anchors allowing it to rise and fall with the level of the lake. Boats can be kept on the water all year round or they can be lifted out of the water for the winter period between November and March. The Marina is part of Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa; this gives you, as a berth holder, instant access to some of the best and most luxurious facilities in the area.
Low Wood Bay Facilities
Your annual mooring fee includes complimentary access to Low Wood Bay Health Club for up to four named berth holders. Enjoy unlimited use of the gym, exercise classes, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam room and fire pit.
There are also three eateries on-site for you to enjoy; Blue Smoke on the Bay boasts creative international dishes perfectly prepared on a distinct wood-fired grill. With stylish decor overlooking the lake, Blue Smoke is the perfect place to unwind after a long day. The Windermere is a blend of stately grandeur with a warm welcoming atmosphere; serving seasonal British-European dishes, your classic favourites are available throughout the evening. Norman’s is our ‘stress-free’ juice bar, stop by to refresh yourself with a juice, smoothie, artisan coffee, sweet treat or healthy snack. You will receive 20% discount on food and drink throughout the resort.
The Spa provides indulgent treatments in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Feel revitalised with an ESPA or Berry & Birch massage and facial, or try an invigorating Thermal Journey. If you prefer to be on the water rather than the shore, you can try your hand at an array of activities at the Watersports Centre where you also receive a discount on activities.
Low Wood Bay Marina
Low Wood Bay Marina
Low Wood Bay Marina
Marina berth-holders (on the water)
- Boats are usually kept on the water between April - October, before being recovered onto your cradle or trailer ashore for the winter
- Cradles or stands are available for hire
- Each berth has an allocated 16 amp metered electrical supply
- 4 full memberships for the Health Club at Low Wood Bay
Hardstanding, Garage and Launching
- Year-round storage for trailered boats
- Use of the slipway to launch own boat - assisted tractor launching available as an option
- 2 full memberships for the Health Club at Low Wood Bay
Marina Member Facilities
• Year-round boat storage
• Unlimited use of the slipway
• Toilets and showers
• Wireless broadband internet
• Drinking water supply throughout
• Allocated 16 amp electrical supply to all berths, charged at cost of units used
• 24 hour holding tank pump out (coin-operated)
• Laundry with coin-operated washing machine and dryer
• Ice machine
• Low Wood Bay Health Club membership (T&C's apply)
• Digital CCTV system
• Electronic key operated entrance gates
• Night time patrols
The Marina is also manned at the Watersports Centre 7 days a week between April - October.
Parking and Access
• One gate fob allowing 24 hour access
• Two cars registered on the system allowing free parking
• Designated Marina car park and overflow parking Servicing, Maintenance and Other Services
• Boat servicing, repairs, transport and cleaning available using a network of trusted, established contractors
• Daily weather forecasts and live weather information available on-site and on the website
• Live webcam overlooking the lake, slipway and Marina
• Boat tuition using qualified Royal Yachting Association instructors
We provide on-water refuelling point for LPG powered boats. This includes an acme type filler hose with adapters for flush-fit and UK bayonet-type fillers.
Low Wood Bay customer mooring Jetty provides free mooring for guests enjoying a meal or a drink in the hotel’s restaurants or bars, or who are staying at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa.
Contact us/ Request a Brochure
If you're interested in storing your boat with us we'd love to hear from you. You can ask any questions or request a brochure by using the form below, by calling us on 015394 39441, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop by for a visit: Low Wood Bay Marina, Low Wood bay, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1LP