Having a boat on the beautiful Lake Windermere is nothing short of a dream come true, exploring the lake, bays and villages around the area makes Windermere the place to be.
Low Wood Bay Marina
After an adventurous day sailing or cruising, it’s comforting to know you have exceptional facilities waiting for you back at the Marina. The Marina was fully refurbished in 2017 with a whole new floating system on anchors allowing it to rise and fall with the level of the lake. Boats can be kept on the water all year round or they can be lifted out of the water for the winter period between November and March. The Marina is part of Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa; this gives you, as a berth holder, instant access to some of the best and most luxurious facilities in the area.
Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Low Wood Bay Marina
Low Wood Bay Marina
Sailing at sunset
Sunset at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Low Wood Bay Facilities
Your annual mooring fee includes complimentary access to Low Wood Bay Health Club. Enjoy unlimited use of the gym, exercise classes, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam room and fire pit.
There are also three eateries on-site for you to enjoy; Blue Smoke on the Bay boasts creative international dishes perfectly prepared on a distinct wood-fired grill. With stylish decor overlooking the lake, Blue Smoke is the perfect place to unwind after a long day. The Windermere is a blend of stately grandeur with a warm welcoming atmosphere; serving seasonal British-European dishes, your classic favourites are available throughout the evening. Norman’s is our ‘stress-free’ juice bar, stop by to refresh yourself with a juice, smoothie, artisan coffee, sweet treat or healthy snack. You will receive 20% discount on food and drink throughout the resort.
The Spa provides indulgent treatments in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Feel revitalised with an ESPA or Berry & Birch massage and facial, or try an invigorating Thermal Journey. If you prefer to be on the water rather than the shore, you can try your hand at an array of activities at the Watersports Centre where you also receive a discount on activities.
Horizon Boat Sales
Low Wood Bay Marina & Watersports are delighted to announce the appointment of Horizon Boat Sales as their broker and retailer of new and used boats.
Horizon was formed in November 2020 by Alex Barton and a local businessman with the ambition to provide best in class boat brands coupled with unrivalled service and backup. Whether you are new to boating or a seasoned veteran, Horizon allows access to the leading boat brands synonymous with the build quality and reliability, thereby providing endless enjoyment in the Lake District.
Located in the centre of Bowness, and now on site at Low Wood Bay - Horizon are proud to showcase their exclusive brands of Sealine, Four Winns, Malibu, Rodman and Seven Seas. Horizons Managing Director Alex Barton is a well-known figure within the Windermere boating community, having grown up in Windermere and worked in boat sales for over ten years.
Commenting on their appointment, Alex said,"our brands and ethos are aligned to the quality that is synonymous with English Lakes Hotels Group. Working with, Dan and his team at the watersports, we will ensure that clients at Low Wood Bay Marina enjoy a high level of quality and support."
Alex: 07525 476 783
Marina berth-holders (on the water)
- Boats are usually kept on the water between April - October, before being recovered onto your cradle or trailer ashore for the winter
- Cradles or stands are available for hire
- Each berth has an allocated 16 amp metered electrical supply
- 4 named full memberships for the Health Club at Low Wood Bay
Boat Yard Storage, Garage & Launching
- Year-round storage for trailered boats
- Use of the slipway to launch own boat - assisted tractor launching available as an option
- 2 full memberships for the Health Club at Low Wood Bay
Marina Member Facilities
• Year-round boat storage
• Unlimited use of the slipway
• Toilets and showers
• Wireless broadband internet
• Drinking water supply throughout
• Allocated 16 amp electrical supply to all berths, charged at cost of units used
• 24 hour holding tank pump out (coin-operated)
• Laundry with coin-operated washing machine and dryer
• Ice machine
• Low Wood Bay Health Club membership (T&C's apply)
• Digital CCTV system
• Electronic barrier card operated entrance gates
• Night time patrols
The Marina is also manned at the Watersports Centre 7 days a week between April - October.
Parking & Access
• One gate fob allowing 24 hour access
• Two cars registered on the system allowing free parking
• Designated Marina car park and overflow parking Servicing, Maintenance and Other Services
• Boat servicing, repairs, transport and cleaning available using a network of trusted, established contractors
• Daily weather forecasts and live weather information available on-site and on the website
• Live webcam overlooking the lake, slipway and Marina
• Boat tuition using qualified Royal Yachting Association instructors
We provide on-water refuelling point for LPG powered boats. This includes an acme type filler hose with adapters for flush-fit and UK bayonet-type fillers.
Low Wood Bay customer mooring Jetty provides free mooring for guests enjoying a meal or a drink in the hotel’s restaurants or bars, or who are staying at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa.
Contacting The Marina
If you're interested in storing your boat with us we'd love to hear from you. Please see our contact details below.
Drop by for a visit:
Low Wood Bay Marina,
Low Wood Bay,